New additions to our play ground!




Oh! what fun it would be to have a painted hopscotch and snakes & ladders in our playground? A conversation like that over lunch with my colleagues has resulted in this project. 
The middle school students joined in to help me finish this gigantic job! Just like the students I was apprehensive as well as excited to start this work. The thought of having a huge snakes and ladders in the play area thrilled me but at the same time the effort it would take to finish the job and Hyderabad's weather worried me a little. Pushing all those thoughts away  my students and I stayed positive and began our work with sweeping the tiled area freeing it from dry leaves and dust. Students then sketched the basic skeleton or line drawing on the floor. After deciding on the colour schemes they divided themselves in groups to start painting the floor. Filling in areas carefully and painting  onto the lines , writing the numbers – the students did it all!.

After finishing painting and giving a few final touches students waited patiently over night for it to dry completely. Next day they were all out with their dice! Although it was essentially made keeping younger children in mind, many middle school students as well as teachers are enjoying playing in the junior school play ground now!

































Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts